Restaurant Manager FT (Exempt)
Restaurant Manager FT (Exempt)
The Restaurant Manager is responsible for overseeing all food and beverage operations within the Tavern at the
Falls Restaurant at Highland Falls Golf Course and Summit Restaurant, servicing golf customers, residents and
guests. Ensures that customers experience consistently excellent service, and customer interaction delivered by
employees is positive and pleasant. Reports directly to Director of Food and Beverage.
Description of Duties:
• Set daily goals for sales and responsible for budgeted COGS.
• Accountable for accurate counts of inventory, proper pricing, cash handling, liquor pours.
• Supervise, and schedule FT/ PT employees. Trains and establishes standards for procedures in all positions
within the department and works closely with the Director of Food and Beverage to ensure positive
• Responsible for filling in where and when staff is unavailable. 40+ hours a week likely.
• Ensures adherence to all legal requirements including wage and hour, and federal, state, and/or local laws
pertaining to alcoholic beverages.
• Follow purchasing, inventory control, spoilage, receiving paperwork and cash drops of receipts procedures
as established by the finance department.
• Responsible for ordering and receiving products and supplies to ensure proper quantity and prices for all
• Ensure proper handling procedures to minimize breakage and food waste.
• Handles resident and guest complaints, consulting with the Director of Food and Beverage about
appropriate corrective actions taken.
• Follow all SCSCAI safety policies, OSHA, Health Department, Federal and State requirements pertaining
to restaurant operations.
• Keep bar and food prep areas clean to compliance standards.
• Report all safety concerns to the Director of Safety.
• Report any damages/repairs needed on restaurant equipment/property to the Director of Food and
Beverage and Director of Building Maintenance.
• Additional duties relevant to this position and as assigned by the Director of Food and Beverage.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Skilled in excellent customer service and guest satisfaction.
• Ability to coordinate multiple tasks such as food, beverage and labor cost while maintaining required
standards of operation in daily restaurant activities.
• Ability to motivate employees to work as a team to ensure that food and service meet appropriate
standards, maintaining a neat and clean appearance of facilities and staff.
• Ability to give and receive written, oral and visual instruction and communication
• Skilled in maintaining good communication with all residents, guest and staff.
• Ability to maintain a favorable image of SCSCAI at all times.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion with information
• Knowledge of all SCSCAI Emergency response procedures.
• Ability to become and maintain certification in CPR/AED by American Heart Association Standards and
be ready, willing and able to perform/use until further assistance arrives.
• Ability to become certified and apply First Aid to residents and guests, assisting any fallen/injured person
from a ground level if applicable, as well as securing any hazardous areas that may involve blood or bodily
fluids until a proper cleaning process can occur.
Minimum Qualifications / Requirements:
• Five years relevant work experience in restaurant management.
• Food preparation experience required.
• Must have all required food handling and liquor clearance i.e. Sheriffs, TAM etc.
• Valid Driver’s License and minimum state required auto insurance on personal vehicle.
• Must be able to pass a Drug Test and will be subject to a Background check
Machines and Equipment used typical of a Restaurant Environment:
• Commercial Grade Appliances
• Point of Sales System/Computer/Printer/Credit Card Machine
• AED, first aid supplies
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
• Physical Demands: Very physically and mentally active work. The employee may sit comfortably to do
some work, however, there is considerable walking, standing, bending, kneeling and lifting, must be able to
carry up to 50 lbs., driving an automobile is required.
• Work Environment: Involves everyday risks and discomforts with exposure to hot or cold temperatures and
light noise exposure typical of a restaurant environment. Requires performing job functions in compliance
with all SCSCAI policies, safety procedures, including but not limited to the use of safe work practices with
restaurant equipment, avoidance of trips and falls, observance of fire regulations and clean kitchen
practices. Some work may be conducted outdoors.
Salary: Commensurate w/exp, FT Exempt position, and includes an excellent benefits package.
To Apply: Include Cover Letter stating interest and salary history, Resume and 3 Professional References. Include
completed application for employment:
E-mail to: Jobs at Human Resources at email@example.com
Fax to: (702) 360-0428, Mail or hand-deliver in person (Monday - Friday, 8 am - 4:00 pm) to: Sun City Summerlin,
Attn: Human Resources, 9107 Del Webb Boulevard, Las Vegas, NV, 89134
SCSCAI is an Equal Opportunity Employer