The Las Vegas Review-Journal, a multi-media news and information organization, is currently seeking a highly motivated, self-starter, and sales minded individual to create, develop and mold a new sales training program for the advertising sales team. The sales team works with local, regional and/or national companies to develop an advertising strategy and program to reach their target audiences while maximizing ROI goals. We want you to develop this team to be the best in class!
Responsible for assembling, scaling, and managing a best-in-class Sales Training program for our Advertising Sales department. Set the vision and strategy to develop, deliver, and own programs, processes and tools that result in a more successful and productive sales organization. Provide a wide range of onboarding and training options, tools, and resources to educate the sales team. Focus on the development, launch, and ownership of ongoing management of sales training, methodologies, playbooks, and onboarding to drive results as we scale. Conduct skills gap analyses, prepare learning material and evaluate results after each training session. Work closely with our sales management team and individual salespeople to identify challenges they face on-the-job and recommend ways to increase productivity and overall performance of our sales teams and ensure they have the skills to achieve their goals.
Qualifications and Skills
- Proven work experience as a Sales Trainer or similar role
- Experience training sales representatives with wide range of experience (junior level representatives to sales management) and have the ability to coach and mentor sales professionals to enhance their skills and performance. Must be able to provide constructive feedback, offer guidance, set development goals, and motivate individuals to achieve their targets.
- Must have a strong understanding of sales techniques, processes, and best practices and must be knowledgeable about various sales methodologies, product/service offerings, and industry trends to provide valuable and relevant training content.
- Should possess strong training and presentation skills to deliver engaging and informative sessions and must be able to structure and organize trainings, deliver presentations with clarity and energy, and utilize techniques to facilitate effective learning and skill development.
- Strong interpersonal skills as you interact with various stakeholders, including trainees, sales managers, and executives. Ability to build rapport, establish trust, and maintain professional relationships to effectively collaborate and support the sales team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively convey information, explain concepts, and engage trainees. Must be able to clearly and concisely articulate ideas, listen actively, and adapt their communication style to different individuals and group dynamics.
- Hands-on experience with e-learning platforms and must be proficient in the use of technology and relevant tools to leverage learning platforms, multimedia resources, and software for training purposes. Must be comfortable with learning management systems, video conferencing tools, and other technology that enhances training delivery
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills to assess the training needs of the sales team, identify gaps, and develop effective training programs. Must also be skilled at problem-solving and be able to address challenges or obstacles that arise during training and find appropriate solutions.
- Demonstrate a continuous learning orientation, keeping up with industry trends, new sales techniques, and evolving training methodologies. Should actively seek opportunities for personal and professional development to enhance their own knowledge and skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience or BS degree in Business Administration, Education, Human Resources or relevant field
- 5+ Years of Sales Training experience
- This position is based in Las Vegas
Why You’ll Love Working at the Review-Journal:
- Make Good Money: Competitive salaries with variable compensation because we all win together!
- Commitment to Work/Life Balance: Taking vacation is encouraged!
- 401k Matching: Because no one wants to work until they die.
- Your Leader: Reporting directly to the Sr. VP of Sales, who’s focused on streamlining workflows, continuous learning and education, and developing employees.
- The Team: The supportive, driven, and talented people who will make you laugh everyday. We are really fun.
- Culture: Work hard, play hard.
We offer a generous benefit plan that includes a 401(k) with company match.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please send resume to email@example.com with “SALES TRAINER” in the subject line.